Friday, January 7, 2011

I Just Won The Lottery!!!

Ever get an email like that?  I got one better...  A potential client emailed me from my website asking me if we did debt collection work and requested our fees.  I explained that we did and provide our fee structure.  The potential client agreed to pay 30% of the debt collected.  Feeling there was something amiss, I cautiously and carefully accepted the client.  By the way, every bit of my body knew this was a SCAM. 

The client provide me with the "supporting documentation" in order to collect the debt.  I was somewhat surprised to see that almost $1,000,000 was owed but now I was compelled to see where this was going.  In an effort to play this out, I wrote a collection letter to the "defendant."   For the first time in my career, my written words alone got someone to agree to pay nearly half a million dollars!

Two days later I received a certified check for $450,000 + dollars made payable to me!  I called my client who said take the first $300,000 as the fee and send the rest to us when you can. 

The EASIEST $300,000 I EVER made! 

Stay tuned for the next part of the story!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment