Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Just Won The Lottery!!! Part 3

Well at the end of the last blog, we had a check for nearly $500k with no way to cash it.  Bank of America insisting it was real.  And a client demanding his money. 

I did everything I could to delay the "distribution" to my client when Bank of America called and said THEY made a mistake. 

The certified check was really drawn from the account on the check.
The certified check was really drawn from from the account holder listed on the check.
The certified check number was really used by that account holder.

BUT.... the certified check they had was drafted for less than $50 and "advised" me not to honor the check.  Hmmm....  but you just told me I could honor it... 

Well if the scam played it course, I would have deposited the BIG check and "kept" $300k for myself and sent the balance of about $200k to "my client" but when the bank realized the check was fake, I would have been responsible for the $200k that I sent out.  Well having caught the scammers red handed, I decided to help the authorities bring these bastards to justice. 

FBI said they really didn't handle that type of crime so call the Secret Service.
After weeks of phone tag with Secret Service they never did anything with it.
I called the local district attorney without real success.  The Attorney General didn't even feel they could or should do anything...

So we had all the proof, names, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, the checks but no one really wanted to do ANYTHING... just allowed these scammers to find others who were less suspicious than I was ... and they almost succeeded - http://www.law.com/jsp/law/sfb/lawArticleFriendlySFB.jsp?id=1202475502267

No comments:

Post a Comment